Subject: PAX? (was: Any opinions of tar and gzip vs. pkzip?)
From: [email-masked] (Greg Shubin)

23 Jan 1997 23:57:58 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01Gold (X11; I; Linux 2.0.0 i586)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Stefan Trcek wrote:

> pkzip and any other dos/windows packer can extract files without
> extracting the archive (e.g. the readme).  tar/gzip are uncomfortable
> and time consuming in this case.

Are there any versions of pax available for gnu-win32?
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".