Subject: HOME and bash
From: [email-masked] (Ron Forrester)

23 Jan 1997 16:00:17 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <c=US%a=_%p=OrCAD%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "'Gnu-Win32'" <[email-masked]>
X-Mailer: Microsoft Exchange Server Internet Mail Connector Version 4.0.993.5
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I just installed b17.1, and so far things are overall really great!

However, I am trying to get the ~/ functionality from bash that I am
used to. In my .bashrc file, I have the following line:

export HOME=/usr/rjf

which is indeed where I want ~ to point.

After starting up bash, I see that the above is really in my
environment. Issuing the command cd ~/source, bash goes away for a while
(30+ seconds), then comes back with:

bash: c:usrrjf/source: No such file or directory

which is quite strange to me. Here is my mount output:

Device           Directory           Type        Flags
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
c:               /                   native      mixed,text!=binary

and I have installed b17.1 in:

	c:\usr\rjf\b17.1\

Can someone help me out?
Thanks!
rjf

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".