Subject: string.h problems
From: [email-masked] ("p.a.c.tavares")

17 Jan 1997 10:46:04 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text
Original-To: [email-masked] (Cygwin List)
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL24]
Content-Length: 1132      
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I've had trouble with a number of functions that should be defined in 
string.h: strncpy, bcopy and bcopy

For all of these the compiler complains they haven't been defined. I 
checked the header file and they are indeed there and I found them to be 
encapsulated in some macro. Could someone explain what I have to do? Thanks.

Also, it may be somewhat related to this, mostly ridiculous, thread on 
"why cygwin.dll" but I've noticed the resulting executables are enormous. 
I am including debugging information but still a file that compiled with 
cygnus/g++ takes around 1Mb takes only 300Kb on my unix machines 
(HP-UX/g++). That's less than a third!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pedro A.C. Tavares <[email-masked]>

Superconducting Devices Group         Tel: +44-141-552 4400 (3151/3478)
Dept. of Physics & Applied Physics    Fax: +44-141-552 7143
University of Strathclyde             For PGP public key: "finger
Glasgow, UK                               [email-masked]"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".