Subject: UWIN & Cygnus
From: [email-masked] (Chin Chee-Kai)

15 Jan 1997 17:36:23 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
X-Authentication-Warning: gensstc.gen.co.jp: smap set sender to <[email-masked]> using -f
Original-To: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Got a tip that I thought might be interesting to people on
this list.

David Korn (Ksh's author) from AT&T presented a paper recently
at the USENIX'97 Conference on UWIN.  The goal is to make
UNIX applications run with no change (or near zero change)
of source codes run on Win95 & WinNT.  Their work focuses on
preserving the semantics of UNIX envrionment, such as systems
calls, file systems, signals and I/O, on Win95 & WinNT
so that the programs run with full UNIX semantics on Win95 & WinNT.
(See http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools for more.  It was
the URL given in the paper, though when I last looked, it was
"Document has no data".  Perhaps it'll be up in a while).

Chin Chee-Kai (Last, First)
Internet Email-ID:	[email-masked]
Gen Tech Corporation

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".