Subject: open seckets across select..
From: [email-masked] ("A. Phillip Smith")

15 Jan 1997 14:05:25 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL24]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I seem to recall a bug reported during the past two weeks
with issuing select after a fork.. I'm getting select failures
with "no such file" after accepting a connection, forking
and trying to select based on the socket returned from accept(). 
What causes this problem, and is there a workaround to this ?
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".