Subject: Im placing a few things I've made on my ftp server
From: [email-masked] ("Grant Leslie")

15 Jan 1997 01:01:46 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "GNU-WIN32" <[email-masked]>
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: Microsoft Internet Mail 4.70.1160
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

	Just thought I'd let other people check out some of these things.
	
ftp://ftp.deerinet.nb.ca/pub/gnu-win32

pdcurses-cygwin32.zip - Pdcurses library binaries and headers

	Looks like William J. Smith mentioned this one already, and maybe his
version will be more current, I fact I uses the source from his page to
build this, only big change was to define KEY_BACKSPACE as 8 in the header
file. For what it's worth you can grab these binaries and try em out. I
renamed the libs to libcurses.a from pdcurses.a and libpanel.a from panel.a
to make it easier to port stuff expecting Curses or Ncurses. Maybe better
to check with william for a better version. 

dialog-cygwin32.zip - A port of dialog0.6c using pdcurses.

	This works better than I expected.. All the samples run just fine :-).
however no mouse support. Only problem is the screen doesn't clear properly
when you use the --clear option. But I seem to remember the Linux version
did the same...?? 

less330-cygwin32.zip

	Since I didn't have a proper cygwin32 version of less to make man work
properly I decided to try and make one. This is less.exe lesskey.exe and
lessecho.exe. It supports .less rc files etc.. and all the keys work
properly :-). Mostly because I played with the defines in each file to make
it think it was on a Win32 compiler for screen, keyboard functions and on a
Unix compiler for any file access. Works like a charm now.

allman-cygwin32.tgz

	This is a working man + all the stuff needed to make it work on Cygwin32 I
through in a bunch of other things since it was such a large archive
anyway. Only thing I dont like is that I couldn't get it use compresses
files :( gunzip would mangle the files when piping them to less. The full
groff package is included. This is basically the sources from the Slackware
2.3 Linux distribution recompiled under Cygwin32. As an extra little bonus
I added some of the files that make up my own configuration, such as my
..bashrc, and some other little programs I've recompiled, such as which,
whois and recompiled grep2.0

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".