Subject: _get_osfhandle and/or mmap under cygwin.dll on NT?
From: [email-masked] (Henry Minsky)

14 Jan 1997 01:10:52 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

Does anyone know if mmap is supposed to work under the current (v B
17.1) cygwin.dll?  I get undefined symbol errors when I try to compile
programs with calls to mmap().

If mmap() has not yet been implemented, I was given an implementation
called mman.c written by a fellow in Australia, David Makepeace
<[email-masked]>, which says it implements mmap using
the Win32 memory mapping routines.

I cannot compile this version of mmap under gcc on Windows NT,
however, because it references a function called _get_osfhandle. This
seems to be defined in the Microsoft LIBC, but not in the gnu-win32
libraries. Can anyone tell me how to link with this function, or more
generally how to link with a .lib or other object file produced by
Mirosoft's compiler?

Thanks,
	Henry
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".