Subject: Got a working Man system going
From: [email-masked] ("Grant Leslie")

13 Jan 1997 21:38:40 -0800
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "GNU-WIN32" <[email-masked]>
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: Microsoft Internet Mail 4.70.1160
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

For anyone thats interested I'm placing an archive of a working, but, still
rough man, on my ftp server

ftp://ftp.deerinet.nb.ca/pub/gnu-win32

It will preformat pages the using groff the right way, and place them in
the proper cat directory. It won't use compression for the formated pages
since I couldn't sort out some trouble with piping from gunzip. But seems
to work fairly well all the same.

The source I used was from 

ftp://tsx-11.mit.edu/pub/linux/distributions/slackware/source

In Groff just had to change the file access mode it used for tmp files to
binary.

Man only needed a few changes in it's configuration to fit my file system
etc.. no source changes

Less came from it's home.
http://members.aol.com/marknudel/less/index.html
changes were to make it think it was on pure Win32 in the screen access,
and then for it to think it was on Unix for file access, and substitute a
putchar for a putch in screen.c.

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".