Subject: Bug??? in Keyboard handling??
From: [email-masked] ("Grant Leslie")

9 Jan 1997 00:17:27 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "GNU-WIN32" <[email-masked]>
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: Microsoft Internet Mail 4.70.1160
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

	It may be something in my setup, but, when working with shell scripts in
bash I have trouble with the script getting excessive carriage returns ie..
the first read ina script will just sent a return, and march right on by
with no intervention!! and then it's like every other one does the same
thing! and Bash doesn't seem to be getting what it is I type in, if I do a
test script with read ( using a read < /dev/tty to skip the first bad
entry) I can Echo back the var and see just what I typed in, but a
comparison of the var fails?? Not a very convenient way to run a configure
script! Has any one else had this problem or one like it? Is there some way
I can change the way Bash handles the returns? I'm assuming it has to do
with using DOS keyboard handling i.e... a /n newline and a /r carriage
being sent instead of just a /n newline the way UNIX might handle it? Is
this compiled into BASH or CGYWIN.dll? or can I configure the way it's
handled with a keyboard mapping some where? I'm no UNIX guru so ANY help
would be appreciated thanks.

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".