Subject: Re: RCS v5.7
From: [email-masked] (Ernie Rael)

8 Jan 1997 17:47:11 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Cc: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22J=FCrgen_Weiss=22?= <[email-masked]>
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
X-Mailer: Forte Agent .99g/32.339
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

On Tue, 07 Jan 1997 23:11:11 +0100, you wrote:

>> I am trying to have rcs v5.7 woking properly with gnu-win32. Does
>> anybody have done this port?
>> I think there are text vs binary file type mismatch.
>
>I compiled rcs v5.7 from source and it ran without any problems
>under NT 4.0.  There was only a small problem with checking
>in/out text files because ci and co always open the working
>file in binary mode so that you end up with a rcs file with
>embedded ^Ms or a working file with bare newlines.  I fixed
>this by adding a -a option for ascii mode to ci and co.
>
>I can send you the patch if you are interested.
>
I also brought it up (NT40) with no problem (once i had things
set up correctly) using B17.1. I have not observed a problem
with \n\r, what i put in is what i get out. If the original
file had \r\n, then the ,v file has \n for the headers, and
keeps the \n\r for my stuff, when i check it out it still has
the \r\n. If the original had only \n, then it too is preserved.

What drives me crazy is that when i "od -c" a file that has \r\n,
the output only shows the \n. Also true of od -x, this seems a
severe bug and i would prefer od to open with binary mode.

-ernie
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".