Subject: Problem with ld and ar
From: [email-masked] (Emmanuel STAPF)

6 Jan 1997 11:47:57 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <1.5.4.32.19970106182516.006d2f9c.cygnus.gnu-win32@dublin>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: manus@dublin
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Light Version 1.5.4 (32)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

I've got some strange behavior when I want to link some libraries
in order to create an executable file.

I've created all my libraries with the command ar (with this following options
rcvs). When I want to link all my libraries to create the program file,
I've got a lot of unjustificated unresolved external in one of my libraries
(called libtoolbox.a). After I tried to make libtoolbox.a with ld (with
options -r -o libtoolbox.a), and all my previous unresolved external messages
disappeared, but a new one appeared in another object file.
I figure out the problem and it was another library (called libstuff.a), so
like libtoolbox.a I made again libstuff.a with ld. Finally, I didn't get any
unresolved external, but the linker told me I've got two definitions of the
same feature: _bss_start__ and _bss_end__, but there are not mines.

Below, this is the output of the linker:
<<
libtoolbox.a(.bss+0x400000):draw.c: multiple definition of `_bss_start__'
libstuff.a(.data+0x400000):reference.c: first defined here
libtoolbox.a(.bss+0x401364):draw.c: multiple definition of `_bss_end__'
libstuff.a(.data+0x400000):reference.c: first defined here
make: *** [my_program.exe] Error 1
>>

Is there someone who knows how to solve my problem?

Thanks in advance

Manu

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".