Subject: problem with ncurses and bl17.1 on NT4.0
From: [email-masked] (Ernie Rael)

5 Jan 1997 16:39:29 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Forte Agent .99g/32.339
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I'm working on getting ncurses-1.9.9e working. After reading
"less, TERM and TERMINFO" from [email-masked] in the
archives, i first tried to build it without the string.h hack.
It builds fine. But when i try to tic the terminfo data base
i got a plethera of use resolution failed messages, e.g.
	"pcansi-m: use resolution failed on klone+sgr-dumb"
After stepping through some code, i find that the failure
is occuring when _nc_resolve_uses() tries to read an existing,
allready compiled, entry from the terminfo data base. I walked
through the open, winsup/fhandler.cc, and the CreateFileA call
is failing.

I guess CreateFileA is some direct call to the NT kernel, as i
can find nothing about it.

The open is read only. Tic was able to create the file. I'm
stumped, any suggestions?

Since tic was able to create the entries, i removed the definition
of them from the .src file (thinking perhaps that the re-open
was failing). Same error.

-ernie
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".