Subject: Re: Apache 1.2b1 with gnu-win32 -- successes and problems
From: [email-masked] (Jeremy Allison)

2 Jan 1997 18:45:51 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: "Oleg Moroz" <[email-masked]>
Original-cc: "cygwin mailing list" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
In-reply-to: Your message of "Wed, 18 Dec 1996 20:14:32 PST."
             <[email-masked]> 
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Oleg, I think I have tracked down some of the
apache problems with Cygwin32 and maybe fixed them.

I say maybe as I have experienced the same problems you
reported with my Kerberos 5 port to NT, and have fixed
them in Cygwin32. I added in the code to do GetModuleFileName()
so that fork() will find the child correctly, even after
changing the path, also, I recently discovered and fixed
a problem with select() after fork() - as all socket calls
were failing after a fork (the person who wrote the original
socket code forgot that each Win32 app that uses sockets
needs to do WSAStartup for itself, with the result that fork'ed
children were not doing this). I moved WSAStartup into the
dcrt0.cc and fork() calls and now I have a daemon that backgrounds
itselft correctly and keeps on working.

Let me know it you want the code to test this - I may have to
give you a new snapshot, as I have done many changes since the
b17 release (added mmap etc.).

Cheers,

Jeremy.
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".