Subject: tar bug in b17.1
From: [email-masked] (Mark Levine)

2 Jan 1997 07:39:00 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01Gold (WinNT; I)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I just installed b17.1 under Windows NT 4.0 and encountered the
following 2 problems with the tar utility.

1. If you execute a tar command of the form:

	tar tvf d:file.tar

   tar crashed with a stack trace.  The drive letter is what causes
   the crash.

2. All dates for the files that are extracted during the install
   are set to 12/31/1969.  If you do a tar tvf file.tar, the dates
   are correct in the listing.

-- 

************************************************************************
*                                                                      *
*                     Visit Our Web Page at:                           *
*               http://www.tiac.net/users/dynasens                     *
*                                                                      *
*----------------------------------------------------------------------*
*                               |                                      *
* Mark Levine                   | EMAIL: [email-masked]             *
* DynaSense Consulting Services |                                      *
* Framingham, MA 01701          |                                      *
*                               |                                      *
************************************************************************
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".