Subject: Math coprocessor support in 17.1?
From: [email-masked] (Eric Firing)

23 Dec 1996 19:41:37 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I just installed 17.1, and compiled and ran a short
benchmark.  Execution times were compared to those from
DJGPP and Turbo C versions.  Cygwin32 did fine so long as the
benchmark did not include a floating point op, but putting in
calls to sin() slowed it down enormously in comparison to both
other compilers.  It appears that the floating point ops are
being done in software, not in the FP coprocessor.  (My machine
is a Toshiba 420, with Pentium 100.  OS is Win95.) 

Is the FP coprocessor supported at all?  If so, how can I ensure
it is used in place of the softare emulation that seems to be
occurring by default?

Thanks.

Eric Firing
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".