Subject: Re: Apache 1.2b1 with gnu-win32 -- successes and problems
From: [email-masked] (Howard Fear)

23 Dec 1996 08:36:32 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
In-reply-to: Your message of "Wed, 18 Dec 1996 20:14:32 +0300."
             <[email-masked]> 
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

For those of you attempting to port Apache to NT...

There are insoluble problems with the current version of Apache and
NT (specifically the inability to have multiple processes read from
the same socket).  Apache 2.0 (which is in progress) will change
to a multi-threaded design which should be portable to NT.  In fact,
at least one port has already been done.  For (some) additional details,
see: http://www.apache.org/info/apache_nt.html

(Be aware that this is a draft document and some of the details remain
to be worked out.)

--
Howard Fear      email1: [email-masked]
                 email2: [email-masked]
                 http://www.pageplus.com/~hsf/
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".