Subject: b17.x hang on modem activity?
From: [email-masked] (Richard Donkin)

22 Dec 1996 15:36:50 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I quite frequently get a hang if I use a bash window while I am doing a lot 
of Win95 dialup modem activity (typically an IP connection via Win95 dialup 
networking, though also happens with a non-IP connection that does not even 
use TAPI).  This happens on b17.0 and 17.1, under Win95.

The hang is 'hard', i.e. I can't move the mouse and Ctrl/Alt/Del does 
nothing.  (I know NT 4.0 would probably solve this but it is rather large 
for my 20 MB RAM laptop and its power management is not so hot.)

I am not suggesting this is necessarily a Cygwin.dll or bash bug but I would 
like to know if anyone else has seen this. It could be a problem with my 
Win95 setup, so any private email with ideas on this would also be welcome.

By the way - Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to everyone on the list, and 
thanks again to the Cygnus guys who have been working on Gnu-Win32!

Richard
--
[email-masked]                http://www.inside-edge.co.uk/
Inside Edge Consultancy           Client/Server and Internet Applications
PGP key from:  [email-masked]  -or-  http://www.four11.com/

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".