Subject: RE: Perl5 dies...(and a new bug)
From: [email-masked] (Karl Martin Syring)

21 Dec 1996 10:55:44 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Original-To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Finally found the reason:
The test scripts try to execute a symbolic link to =
/usr/local/perl5.003/perl.exe in the /t directory. Of course the name =
"perl" is used which would be fine if the file invoked is an executable. =
But as it is only a symbolic link, the script dies. Just copying the =
real pearl.exe to the /t directory cures the problem and the test =
scripts are running quite fine (it says 89% successfull) and the final =
install is successful to.

Regards
Karl

----------
From: 	Karl Martin Syring
Sent: 	Montag, 16. Dezember 1996 20:04
To: 	[email-masked]
Subject: 	Bug: Perl5 dies...

While trying to get Perl5 installed (see my last mail related to perl), =
I have the following error messages if I run the "test" script on NT =
4.0:

/usr/local/perl5.003/t%../perl test
base/cond......ok
base/if........ok
base/lex.......fork copy: failed, 0x455000..0x45C978, res is 0, done is =
16777426
fork_helper: copy of data/bss failed
fork copy: failed, 0x455000..0x45C978, res is 0, done is 167774256
fork_helper: copy of data/bss failed
.... continued forever

Obviously, it dies while executing the lex.t script. The interesting =
thing is, the lex.t alone script will run without any problems. So I =
think the problem is somewhere in cygwin.dll. If anybody wants to check =
this out, my perl5.003 .exes are available at:
http://www.edv.agrar.tu-muenchen.de/~syring/gnu-win32/perl.zip

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".