Subject: Re: Dealing with resource -thanks!
From: [email-masked] (Steven McKay)

20 Dec 1996 17:33:42 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Light Version 1.5.2
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Thanks to all who responded to my question! Pedro A. Aranda asked what I
thought about the book.  Since this might be of more general interest, I am
posting my response here.  The Windows 95 WIN32 Programming API Bible
appears to be written for the experienced C/C++ programmer who wants to
learn windows programming.  It is written more in reference style than in
"learn programming in x days" style. 
The API functions are grouped according to type of use.  Explanations for
each function are easy to find, and well written.  There are nice examples
in the text, though there could be more.  I like the fact that all the
examples come on an accompanying CD, so I don't have to type them in myself.
I've had the book less than 24 hours, but my initial impression is that it's
going to be very useful.

Cost: Approximately $55 U.S.

S. McKay

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".