Subject: make.exe crashes under Windows 95
From: [email-masked] ("Brian C. Jepson")

19 Dec 1996 07:08:54 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

   I feel like there's something that I may be doing wrong, evil, or
simply obscene, but I'll post this question anyhow. I installed B17.1 from
the latest/all/ directory, copied the files together, did the gunzip
and tar business. I have a c:\bin and c:\tmp directory, and sh.exe is in
c:\bin. I have tried a few of the utilities, which work fine.

   However, when I invoke make, even without a Makefile present, it
crashes with a random error (GPF the last time), usually in make
(according to the error message, when you click on the details button). My
whole setup is on a doublespaced zip drive (how hairy can you get?), and
when I move the cygwin DLL to the local drive, it crashes in the DLL,
rather than in make. 

   I'm going to try installing from the same tar file on my Windows NT box
when I get home this weekend, and I bet everything will work fine. If not,
maybe I screwed up the file transfer somehow. Otherwise, it's probably
something to do with my mutant setup. I thought I'd toss this out in case
anyone has any guesses as to what's wrong.

Cheers,

Brian Jepson * ([email-masked])  *  http://www.ids.net/~bjepson
  Int(ra|er)net Database Developer, Author, Crypto-Fluxologist
Non-Prophet Arts Technology Flux:      http://www.ids.net/~as220
WWW/Database/NT,Java/Database: http://www.ids.net/~bjepson/books

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".