Subject: gnu-win32 and Tcl/Tk
From: [email-masked] (jl Hamel)

18 Dec 1996 07:24:47 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Sun-Charset: US-ASCII
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hello,

I have now found a way to make Tcl/Tk programs compiled with gcc running
correctly when linked against the Borland libraries.

The binary distribution of the Tcl/Tk libraries was produced with the
Borland 4.5 compiler.

I have just recompiled the source distribution of these Tcl and Tk libraries 
with the Borland 5.0 compiler under Windows 95, and replaced the old ones.
This operation is very easy (one line modified near the beginning of the 
makefiles).

Now all works fine and there is no more crash. 

Remark. The crash on completion of the Tcl/Tk programs compiled with gnu-win32
happened in the cw3215.dll library (invoked by the Borland made programs and
libraries). With the new version of the Borland compiler
this library is replaced by cw3220.dll which is apparently more compatible
with gnu-win32... Of course this library must be distributed with the
corresponding Tcl/Tk libraries.

				jl Hamel
				[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".