Subject: Win32s
From: [email-masked] ("Gary Albert")

17 Dec 1996 10:32:58 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Comments: Authenticated sender is <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Pegasus Mail for Windows (v2.40)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Is it possible to use these tools to create programs that execute 
under Win32s as opposed to straight Win32? I don't have a Win95 or 
Win NT system but would like to build Win32s executables with a Sunos 
4.1.3 hosted cross development system. I have been able to get a 
cross compiler built (with problems) for Sunos 4.1.3. Unfortunatly, 
the resulting executables completely lock up my machine when run. I 
can't even load the executables into a debugger, the act of loading 
locks up my machine. I suspect that either Win32s is not supported, 
or I still haven't been able to build a good cross compiler. I've 
tried both B17 and B17.1.

The problem I've had when building the cross compiler is that the 
wrong assembler is invoked at certain stages of the build. By 
deleting or adding a symbolic link to the just build ../gas/as.new in 
the gcc directory and restarting the make, it seems to finish. I end 
up with the expected directory structure after installing but I just 
can't seem to build usable executables.

Has anyone else experienced, and solved, these problems? Any chance 
of getting a copy of the binaries some how?
___________________________________________________________

[email-masked]
Gary Albert
Flight Dynamics
(503) 684-5384
___________________________________________________________
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".