Subject: unpacking b17 problems, observations
From: [email-masked] (Eric Twietmeyer)

17 Dec 1996 07:09:49 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <c=US%a=_%p=GameFx%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
X-Mailer: Microsoft Exchange Server Internet Mail Connector Version 4.0.837.3
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,
  There have been several posts about troubles unpacking b17 after
downloading the pieces.  Last evening I was trying to append together
and unpack xb? for usersrc.tar.gz.  I used copy /b xba+...+xbh
usersrc.tar.gz and then tried ungzipping with the supplied gunzip.exe
and cygwin.dll.  This did not work.  I then realized I wasn't using MKS
bourne shell, but was still using command.com.  So I started that up,
redid the copy and then gunzipping worked (all done inside the MKS
shell).  I was also successful in unpacking cdksrc from with MKS Bourne
shell.
  Anyway, just thought I would report this behavior.

-Eric Twietmeyer
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".