Subject: libgcc.a (Undefined Reference to VirtualProtect)
From: [email-masked] (Raja)

16 Dec 1996 22:57:58 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.961216220543.22455B-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@spring>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-cc: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

HI all,
I am trying to build binutils-2.6 with new beta17.1 Cygnus Toolkit.
When it is trying to link  I am getting some error like this.
I am linking my own built libraries for my assembler. I use the same 
makefile with DJGPP and it seemed to compiled and linked fine atleast.
Am I missing something here? 
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

****This is the make command*****

gcc   -g    -o as.new targ-cpu.o obj-format.o atof-targ.o app.o as.o 
atof-generic.o bignum-copy.o cond.o expr.o flonum-konst.o flonum-copy.o 
flonum-mult.o frags.o hash.o input-file.o input-scrub.o literal.o messages.o output-file.o 
read.o subsegs.o symbols.o write.o listing.o ecoff.o stabs.o sb.o macro.o  
.../opcodes/libopcodes.a ../bfd/libbfd.a  ../libiberty/libiberty.a
*****

***This is the error I got****
beta17.1.C:\CYGNUS\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-961023/libgcc.a
(_trampoline.o): In function `mprotect':
/pizza/mushroom/noer/beta17/src/gcc/libgcc2.c(.text+0x67): undefined 
reference t
o `VirtualProtect'
MAKE.EXE: *** [as.new] Error 1

Thanks in Advance,
Raja
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".