Subject: Re: /tmp bug.
From: [email-masked] (Eero Raun)

16 Dec 1996 09:13:24 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 2.2 (32)
Original-To: Sergey Okhapkin <[email-masked]>
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Sergey wrote:
>After "mount c:/tmp /tmp" the command "patch <patchfile" didn't work - it 
>renames patched file to filename.orig and doesn't write patched file! After 
>"umount /tmp" patch works fine. Is it a bug in my brain?-)

You are probably using patch on some other drive than c:?
Patch prepares the new file in /tmp and tries to rename it
to the active directory.  Rename fails if the source and
destination are on different filesystems.  You shouldn't
mount /tmp, just have one in the root of every physical drive.

If you are using patch on c:, the previous doesn't apply and
your problem is in something else.

-eero

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".