Subject: Perl5 install dies with ERROR_WAIT_NO_CHILDREN (128)
From: [email-masked] (Karl Martin Syring)

15 Dec 1996 08:35:06 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Original-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I have just managed to build perl5.003 (at least, the executables are =
there) but I'm stuck with "make install" because after copying the .exes =
to their directory the "installperl" script dies at some arbitrary point =
with the message
	fork_helper: child died before initialization with win32 error 128
Error 128 has the  message
	There are no child processes to wait for.
Is this a timing problem in cygwin.dll (the install script spits out a =
lot of shells)? Any workarounds?

Regards
Karl

----------
From: 	Zachary S. Bedell
Sent: 	Sonntag, 15. Dezember 1996 09:30
To: 	[email-masked]
Subject: 	What libs are these functions in?

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hello!=20

I'm attempting to port the Tiny Fugue MU* client using gnu-win32 and =
after=20

an hour or so of messing with the configure script have hit a few brick =
walls.

The script says it's unable to find a number of functions and that I =
should=20

worry about it, but I tend to think that I need these functions...  If=20

anyone could tell me what library I should include to get these =
functions,=20

I'd be very grateful!

connect

gethostbyname

h_errno

hsterror

srandom

strcmpi

stricmp

Also, this program would prefer to use the termcap libraries.  Are these =

ported completely anywhere or should I just tell the thing to use =
hardcoded=20

ANSI or VT100?

Finally, as the program is compiling tty.c which is responible for the =
low=20

level screen calls, it bombs on TCSETAF being undefined. =20

The code looks like:

#ifdef USE_TERMIO      /* with a few macros, this looks just like=20

USE_TERMIOS */

# ifdef hpux                                   /* hpux's termio is=20

different. */

#  undef USE_TERMIO

#  define USE_HPUX_TERMIO

#  include <<sys/ioctl.h>

#  include <<termio.h>

#  include <<bsdtty.h>

# else

#  define USE_TERMIOS

#  include <<termio.h>

# endif

# define tty_struct struct termio

# define insetattr(buf) (ioctl(0, TCSETAF, (buf)))

# define ingetattr(buf) (ioctl(0, TCGETA, (buf)))

# define insetattr_error "TCSETAF ioctl"

# define ingetattr_error "TCGETA ioctl"

#endif

I'm relatively certain that these are some part of the tty specific=20

routines.  The last time I tried this (back on b14) I just set them as=20

SOMETHING.  It didn't work very well...  Does anyone know what .h file =
would=20

have this in it or what it should be defined as?

Thank you very much!

Zachary Bedell

HPC Technologies

<smaller>-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

Version: 2.7.1

mQCNAzDjcKUAAAEEALl8Ua7Yy/ddZVOE62+0LSmOz3EpeUEqoy1QkyRNf9QIcLVx

vH2rXISQpL5+NKBFDmHtkmIHzcn89JYYJeiOOBhWFuAmYZX0YleKkHei0gc7l82A

hWO4GBYz6tWXWCm4d4b99eb1QCqLqB+Ydk37T7YGE8azuypabQUpYrPdU1j5AAUR

tChaYWNoYXJ5IFMuIEJlZGVsbCB7QXJhbWlzQE5ldEhlYXZlbi5jb219tCZaYWNo

YXJ5IFMuIEJlZGVsbCBbYXJhbWlzQGdsb2JhbDEubmV0XQ=3D=3D

=3DZcln

-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

</smaller><color><param>0000,8080,0000</param>MS-DOS: Malformed System -
(D)elete (O)verwrite (S)cream

      "Old soldiers never die, only young ones."

</color>
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".