Subject: Error message: (C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) In cygwin_except_handler
From: [email-masked] (Keet)

13 Dec 1996 21:10:26 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Light Version 1.5.4 (32)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I've been trying to compiler the FuzzBall server code for the past while
like most of you probally already know. I can't blame the code, because i've
seen it working before, and setup just like mine. The error message I keep
getting occurs outside of the command intpreter for the MUCK. I'm not
exactly sure where, but i'm thinking either in an array or variable, or
possible even before it gets away from the sockets.. but the error message is:

(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) In cygwin_except_handler

I have _NO_ idea what it means. If i could get just a general idea of what
it means, and wether or not it's a portability problem, or an actually code
error, and if it has an easy remedy. ANY help at all is apprecieted.

PS- I also remember someone suggesting that it might not be reading binary,
but the binary version in ascii.. this is not the case, it reads it okay the
first run around, and then kills itself after an updated database.

- Keet
[email-masked]

\---------------------------------------------\
 \  Keet  |   [email-masked]           \
  \---------------------------------------------\
   \ http://localsonly.wilmington.net/~keetnet/  \--\
    \---------------------------------------------\  \
        \ Keet On FurryMUCK, Furtoonia, TrailsMUCK,   \
      /--\ FluffMUCK, Lion King MUCK                   \
     /    \---------------------------------------------\
    / Furry Code 1.2:                             /
   / FA[parakeet]6fmsw A-- C- D+ H++ M+++ P+ R+  /
  / T++++ W Z Sm RL# a# cn++ d+ e# f++++ h#     /
 / i++>+++ p* sm#                              /
/---------------------------------------------/

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".