Subject: Re: I tried downloading it, it moved, now I'm trying to figure out if I have the right thing
From: [email-masked] (Deborah & Bobby)

11 Dec 1996 21:43:26 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Light Version 1.5.4 (32)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

        Hello, I'll be quick and to the point ...
        Here's a listing of the compressed files I have downloaded from
ftp.cygnus.com and a few other www sites, I was curious as to whether or not
this was the proper files to start with.  I've sent a few messages back and
forth with Kathy Powers, as I am someone just wishing to relearn that lost
childhood art of programming and am not in need of a full blown support
contract.  I was curious as to whether or not I had the right starting point.

 Volume in drive I is COMPRESSED 
 Volume Serial Number is 18F6-2960
 Directory of I:\InterNet\Download\cpp

..              <DIR>        12-09-96 10:03a .
...             <DIR>        12-09-96 10:03a ..
RSXWDK2B ZIP       283,090  11-03-96 12:18p rsxwdk2b.zip
RSXNT1   ZIP            386,101  11-03-96 12:16p rsxnt1.zip
RSXWDK2S ZIP        301,360  11-03-96 12:17p rsxwdk2s.zip
CPPU15   ZIP                 9,507  11-03-96 11:59a cppu15.zip
APPGNU~1 LHA         64,723  11-03-96 12:24p APPGNU_bin.lha
GPPDEV   ZIP         1,327,075  11-03-96 12:32p gppdev.zip
WINDOW~1 GZ        253,978  11-03-96 12:41p windows32api-0_1_2_tar.gz
GZIP-1~1 EXE           119,146  11-03-96 12:42p gzip-1_2_4_msdos.exe
INETREF  ZIP              63,782  11-24-96 12:32p inetref.zip
G__FAQ~1                  68,212  12-05-96 12:31p g++ FAQ
STABS~1  HTM        170,683  12-07-96  5:09p stabs.html
CYGWIN   DLL     3,045,211  12-07-96  3:11p cygwin.dll
DIFF_T~1 GZ              57,024  12-07-96  7:01p diff_tar(1).gz
ALLTAR~1 GZ     10,567,146  12-07-96  9:34p all.tar.gz
FAQ      TXT                73,146  12-07-96 11:10a faq.txt
README   TXT           13,398  12-07-96 11:11a README.txt
GUNZIP   EXE             52,736  12-07-96 11:39a gunzip.exe
TAR      EXE               168,448  12-07-96 12:03p tar.exe
CYGWIN~1 GZ             5,464  12-07-96  4:09p cygwin-extras_tar.gz
STABS_~2 HTM            7,199  11-11-95 12:00a stabs_toc.html
        21 file(s)     17,037,429 bytes
         2 dir(s)     119,988,224 bytes free

        Thanks for your time.  

        I am not interested in technical support per say I just was unclear
as a newcomer to the platform as to what was needed for a full & workable
installation on a pentium windows 95 system.  From the directory structure
and ReadMe file it looks like I have everything I need to install and begin
developing some software and rewiring my brain with some of those
programming connections I used to know.  The ReadMe file remains unclear
from the transitions it makes from subject to subject never summarizing what
exactly you have (or don't have) at that stage of the process ( It may just
be I'm a Canadian) for someone who has never worked with your software
before.  In the platforms I know even quite a few which I don't, I am a
technical support person.  

                                                                        Sinc
erely,

    Bobby Shuler

ps -- two of my friends from high school work at ECA and one of them is a
projects manager after programming his way through the ranks, we were all
good (gifted).  Now I'm trying to get my way back.

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".