Subject: Re: Problems with pipes under b17
From: [email-masked] (Scott Kay)

11 Dec 1996 21:35:15 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]> (message from Fabio
	Somenzi on Wed, 11 Dec 1996 14: 53:59 -0700)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

>>>>> "Fabio" == Fabio Somenzi <[email-masked]> writes:

    -> I'm experiencing a problem with the following under b17. If I
    -> try the following 'zcat all.tar.gz | tar tvf -' under b17 I
    -> get:

    Fabio> Its been a while, but I vaguely remember having problems
    Fabio> when invoking zcat. Since then I've always used gzip -dc
    Fabio> instead. Hope this may help.

 Tried it with the same result. Just that 'gzip' is now the rogue porcess
instead of zcat. I was under the impression that they were, in fact,
the same executable anyway just checking argv[0] to alter behavior.

 Only way I can find to kill the rogue process is reboot NT. Hope I
can find a way to work with b17.

-Scott

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
			      Scott Kay
			    Powersoft Corp
			   561 Virginia Rd
			  Concord, MA 01742
		      email: [email-masked]
			  FAX: 508-287-2557
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".