Subject: Re: Redefining main()
From: [email-masked] (Scott Christley)

11 Dec 1996 20:31:39 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Light Version 1.5.2
Original-To: Cygnus GNU-WIN32 Discussion <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Ok, well some additional work shows that the reason ld isn't finding the
main() in libgnustep-base.a is because my test program doesn't reference
anything within the gnustep-base object file where main is defined.  So ld
is not including that object file into the executable.  I discovered this
because when I compiled a program which did force inclusion of that object
file then the linking went fine and it found gnustep-base's main.

So maybe the real question is, what ld option to I pass to force it include
an object file?  Is there some way to tell ld that it should automatically
include all object files in a library?

Scott

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".