Subject: X11R6.1 Client libs WORK! But...
From: [email-masked] (David Ross)

11 Dec 1996 13:30:12 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
X-X-Sender: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Ok, thanks to tips from you guys, I got the X11R6.1 client libraries
working!  I was able to compile an X client and it works pretty well!

Now I'm working on compiling the X client that I originally inspired me to
build the X client libraries, but I'm having problems.  It seems that
GNU-Win32's <sys/time.h> header file is missing a lot of stuff that
really should be there.  The X client I'm building uses the "setitimer"
call, which should be in <sys/time.h>, but it's not.  In fact, it is
nowhere to be found within any of the headers.  I know that having this
function is pretty critical to my X client, and so I can't just comment
out the call or something like that.  =)

Also, I've got a suggestion for the developers...  Make the distribution
have a directory which can be mounted as / and looks just like a standard
UNIX filesystem.  I'm finding that since I don't really know the standard
locations of most libraries and header files, I'm just copying them from
wherever they are located into directories in the search path.  Often
I'll just copy a bunch of header files over to the directory where 
I'm compiling something just so the program will compile.

David Ross
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".