Subject: Re: apache porting, again
From: [email-masked] (Scott Kay)

11 Dec 1996 10:46:57 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]> ([email-masked])
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

>>>>> "maruzz" == maruzz  <[email-masked]> writes:

    maruzz> Hi, in the porting of apache 1.2b1 I'm not able to access
    maruzz> one file from different child.

    maruzz> The file is open O_BINARY || O_RDWR || O_CREATE, 0666, but
    maruzz> I still have an error of SHARING_VIOLATION, at the level
    maruzz> of system calls (seen with STRACE=1).

    maruzz> ciao,

Hi Maruzz,

 I am currently starting to work on a port of 1.2b1 as well. I would
greatly appreciate any info or diffs against the 1.2b1 release to help
my effort. I've also read about the problem you encountered with
select and this sharing violation and I would be more than happy to
share the subsequent workarounds or fixes/hacks I come up with to get
"decent" working version up under NT 4.0. I am anticipating reworking
any of the signals code to be more NT oriented, I believe this will
have positive effects on performance and reliability since the signals
under cygwin32 are to my understanding somewhat problematic.

-Scott

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
			      Scott Kay
			    Powersoft Corp
			   561 Virginia Rd
			  Concord, MA 01742
		      email: [email-masked]
			  FAX: 508-287-2557
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".