Subject: compiling muck software...
From: [email-masked] (Keet)

10 Dec 1996 21:55:51 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Light Version 1.5.4 (32)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

well.. i've been stumped by this problem for the longest time.. i went back
recompiled the software, and elimated my original problem, but it seems in
doing so, it now still gives the same error, but on a different location..
i've very little background in any actual language.. and was just trying to
run this software without having to take up needed space just to install
Linux or FreeBSD to do so... The beta versions i've used of this software so
far, seem to manage the job nicely and efficently, and cause very little
hassle on my part.. the exact same code runs fine on other UNIX machines, so
i've been informed by the author that it's not the code that was written,
but most likely a UNIX->Win32 bug.. the error in specific is:

(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) In cygwin_except_handler

I've very little idea what this means in a technical way, other than
'oppps... something went wrong!'. but to get to my point, is there anyone
out there who has some free time on their hands that would like to try and
hunt down the what's causing the problem and perhaps even fix it if
possible??? I'd be willing to provide the code, and even be the guniea pig.
your name will be mentioned in the 'Thanks to these people for their help:'
section, if you so wish. if anyone out there is interested in attmepting
such a feat, then, just say so, and we'll work something out. thanks ahead
of time..

- Keet
[email-masked]

\---------------------------------------------\
 \  Keet  |   [email-masked]           \
  \---------------------------------------------\
   \ http://localsonly.wilmington.net/~keetnet/  \--\
    \---------------------------------------------\  \
        \ Keet On FurryMUCK, Furtoonia, TrailsMUCK,   \
      /--\ FluffMUCK, Lion King MUCK                   \
     /    \---------------------------------------------\
    / Furry Code 1.2:                             /
   / FA[parakeet]6fmsw A-- C- D+ H++ M+++ P+ R+  /
  / T++++ W Z Sm RL# a# cn++ d+ e# f++++ h#     /
 / i++>+++ p* sm#                              /
/---------------------------------------------/

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".