Subject: A question about \r\n and text/binary mode
From: [email-masked]

10 Dec 1996 08:37:55 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <850229169/[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

In b16, I edited the registry to so that binary mode was on.
This had the effect that things like cksum worked fine and
gave the "unix" results.  Also other programs, like bash and
make, worked fine.  I guess they ate the \r and ignored it
and use the \n.

Under b17 things seem to have changed and binary mode is unusable.
The simple programs, bash and make, see the \r and seem to make
it part of the token they end.

Anyway this is my take on the problem.  My question is do I 
understand things correctly and is there anything I can do short
of rebuilding cygwin.dll to allow me to stay in binary mode and
still have the \r\n interpreted at \n.
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".