Subject: code generation and dll name resolution
From: [email-masked] (Josef Burger)

9 Dec 1996 10:30:29 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
X-Authentication-Warning: orca.cs.wisc.edu: Host localhost [127.0.0.1] didn't use HELO protocol
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

[ I'm using b16 ]

Background:  I'm compiling something that uses the winsock-2 api
instead of winsock.  I built a link library for ws2_32.dll, added
the extra declarations for winsock2 to the headers, and tried
to build.  It compiles ok, but it fails to link.

The link fails because the compiled code references names such as
'ntohs@4' or 'connect@12' instead of 'ntohs' or 'connect'.  Aha,
I say, I must rebuild my dll link library with name@offset style
names.  That doesn't work ... because the 'name@offset' compiled
by the compiler is the name@offset for the winsock-1 dll!

I though the link libraries for the dlls are supposed to isolate
normal code from the 'offset in dll' stuff????

How do I tell the *compiler* to generate plain 'name', or
'name@offset' for functions in the winsock-2 dll I'm trying to link
against, INSTEAD of the the winsock-1 names@offset???

thanks!
bolo
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".