Subject: Shell hacks for Win32
From: [email-masked] (Richard Donkin)

9 Dec 1996 08:35:50 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I have written a few shell functions to make it easier to use bash and 
Gnu-Win32 with normal Win32 tools, in particular the Win32 ports of Perl, 
VIM, and less.  

For example, I have a path2win Perl script that converts a Gnu-Win32 path 
into a true Win32 path (e.g. / into c:\, //d into d:\) so that I can use 
normal bash filename completion to generate a filename for use with VIM, 
which does not understand the /c or //c notation.  Quite easy to write but 
it would save time for people who are getting into this.
 
I'm sure other people have done similar things.  Is anyone interested in 
sharing such hacks, and if so, is it OK to post the shorter ones to the list 
or upload them to some ftp location?

Richard
--
[email-masked]                http://www.inside-edge.co.uk/
Inside Edge Consultancy           Client/Server and Internet Applications
PGP key from:  [email-masked]  -or-  http://www.four11.com/

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".