Subject: Re: b17 bash problem with /dev/null on Windows 95 system
From: [email-masked] ("John W. Eaton")

8 Dec 1996 17:35:23 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Yesterday, I wrote about a problem with b17, bash, and /dev/null on a
Windows 95 system.  Some people suggested that it might be caused by
having an old copy of cygwin.dll somewhere but I am quite certain that
I only have files from b17 installed.

In any case, I still have the problem but have since discovered that
although

  bash$ echo foo > /dev/null

fails,

  bash$ echo foo > /dev/nul

works (?!).

So, I kluged my way around the problem by substituting /dev/nul for
/dev/null everywhere, and I was able to build a (sort of) working
Octave binary.  Now on to the other nits...

Thanks,

jwe
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".