Subject: Cygwing_except_handler ???
From: [email-masked] (Keet)

8 Dec 1996 17:06:09 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Light Version 1.5.4 (32)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

i've been trying since the release of b16 to compile and run FuzzBall, which
is a TinyMuck MU* server. Beta 16, had some problems handling the socket
routines, but appearently those are fixed, because those problems no longer
show up. Yet i still get one persistant error it is:

(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) In cygwin_except_handler)

this occurs after a db is saved, and the server is restarted. the server
restarts, and acts normal, and will even let you connect to it. once you try
to connect as the god (one) character, it pops that message up in the
console window, and freezes. the telnet end which the user see's just
freezes. i can't tell exactly where the problem lies, but i've also tried
using a different database, which definately doesn't work i end up with this
(which is worse than the above):

LOADING: .\basedb\data\base.db
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) In cygwin_except_handler
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) Exception trapped!
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) exception C0000005 at
40A1A5
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) exception: ax 0 bx 0
cx 6 dx 268A33A
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) exception: si 268A3BD
di409597 bp 268D3BC sp 268A3A0
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) exception is:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) Stack trace:
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) frame 0: sp =
0x268A1B8,pc = 0x1001282A
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) frame 1: sp =
0x268A1D4,pc = 0xBFF7663C
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) frame 2: sp =
0x268A1F8,pc = 0xBFF859D9
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) frame 3: sp =
0x268A290,pc = 0xFFECBAD7
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) frame 4: sp =
0x268D3BC,pc = 0x40F890
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) frame 5: sp =
0x268D3D4,pc = 0x40F8CD
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) frame 6: sp =
0x268D3E4,pc = 0x444399
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) frame 7: sp =
0x268D3FC,pc = 0x402797
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) frame 8: sp =
0x268F424,pc = 0x402C4A
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) frame 9: sp =
0x268F440,pc = 0x402EB8
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) frame 10: sp =
0x268F44C, pc = 0x40B68B
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) frame 11: sp =
0x268F470, pc = 0x40BDCD
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) frame 12: sp =
0x268F494, pc = 0x411F77
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) frame 13: sp =
0x268F4C4, pc = 0x456957
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) frame 14: sp =
0x268F510, pc = 0x10011BEB
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) frame 15: sp =
0x268FE14, pc = 0x10011BFF
(C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FUZZ\FB5.55\GAME\NETMUCK.EXE 1000) End of stack trace
(morestack frames may be present)

i read somewhere else in the archives that it's the same a Segmentation
Fault, or something similar. can anyone find a way around this, or know a
good way to correct this problem??

all help and comments are GREATLY apprecieted,

- Keet
[email-masked]

\---------------------------------------------\
 \  Keet  |   [email-masked]           \
  \---------------------------------------------\
   \ http://localsonly.wilmington.net/~keetnet/  \--\
    \---------------------------------------------\  \
        \ Keet On FurryMUCK, Furtoonia, TrailsMUCK,   \
      /--\ FluffMUCK, Lion King MUCK                   \
     /    \---------------------------------------------\
    / Furry Code 1.2:                             /
   / FA[parakeet]6fmsw A-- C- D+ H++ M+++ P+ R+  /
  / T++++ W Z Sm RL# a# cn++ d+ e# f++++ h#     /
 / i++>+++ p* sm#                              /
/---------------------------------------------/

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".