Subject: Minimal development tools.
From: [email-masked] (Carl Laurence Gonsalves)

7 Dec 1996 00:32:19 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Original-To: "'GNU-Win32 Mailing List'" <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I'm primarily interested in the development tools part of gnu-win32, ie: =
gcc, ld, as, g++, etc. What is the minimum set of files that I need to =
use these? I've already got the MKS Toolkit, which duplicates a lot of =
the other tools. I don't really need two versions of "ls" for example. =
But I'm worried that there might be some non-obvious dependencies. Does =
gcc require sh (bash), for example?

I'm planning on doing some experimentation with this on my own, but I'd =
be interested in knowing if someone's already made up a list of what's =
needed to run gcc and friends.

Thanks.

--
        Carl Laurence Gonsalves - [email-masked]
                   Computer Science, University of Waterloo
               http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~clgonsal/
                   http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~clgonsal/

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".