Subject: Re: Compiling "pure" windows programs
From: [email-masked] (Scott Christley)

5 Dec 1996 07:43:06 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Light Version 1.5.2
Original-To: Bala Parthasarathy <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

At 09:53 PM 12/4/96 -0800, Bala Parthasarathy wrote:
>The FAQ recommends that I download the Win32 API Package (Scott
>Christley) but I could not get it built on the NT machine - the 
>configure seemed to be too Unixy. 

There is no need to "build" the Windows32 API Library; all you want to do is
install the headers.  If you are having trouble running the Unix configure
program then try running configure.bat which uses the NT command shell.  If
that gets you nowhere then you can always just copy the header files to your
system include directory.

>Is there any way to use the header file and import libraries from
>MSVC? (Hope this is not an incredibly dumb question!) Does the Windows
>SDK have these files?

This is the reason (or one of them) that I wrote the Windows32 API Library
because the Microsoft ones are not GCC friendly.

Scott

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".