Subject: Compiling "pure" windows programs
From: [email-masked] (Bala Parthasarathy)

4 Dec 1996 22:41:45 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01Gold (X11; I; HP-UX A.09.05 9000/712)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I've used the gnu-win32 (b16) to port my Unix program to NT and 95
and it works beautifully (they're all console apps) 

As the next step, I'd like to port some of the Windows programs (that
display a window) that I compiled under MSVC to work with gnu-win32
environment (my main motivation is to use gnu make) but I'm not having
much joy here.

The FAQ recommends that I download the Win32 API Package (Scott
Christley) but I could not get it built on the NT machine - the 
configure seemed to be too Unixy. 

Is there any way to use the header file and import libraries from
MSVC? (Hope this is not an incredibly dumb question!) Does the Windows
SDK have these files?

Obviously, a lot of people must have done this, and it'll be a big help
for me and other newbies to have a step-by-step of how to do this.

Please send me email and I'll summarize the response.

Bala
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".