Subject: Re: serious bug with CYGNUS GCC b16
From: [email-masked]

3 Dec 1996 16:40:06 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Pascal Obry wrote:

>>     But this does not answer my question. I'am not
>>     doing this in a real project but I made up a code that shows a problem
>>     with the CYGNUS GCC. This problem seem to be that static variable do
>>     corrupt the dll entry table and others datas, I had hard time to
>>     figure this out.

There is nothing like a static variable inside the code you've posted
earlier. So what you can see from the stack trace is nothing but a simple
stack overlow. BTW, this is quite normal behaviour running under Win32. There
is no more than 1MB stack space in any thread - at least if you haven't
request more stack space in the call to CreateThread().

Could you please post some code that shows your problem with a static table
corrupting the DLL entries?

Robert Kindermann

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".