Subject: Re: less + terminal type
From: [email-masked]

3 Dec 1996 11:15:00 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]> ([email-masked])
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

> Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 08:47:04 +1100
> From: [email-masked] (Stephen Meatheringham)
> 
> I have gotten less, ncurses, ... to build with little problem under
> Win95 on my PC.  However, the DOS window is pretty basic and thinks it
> is of type "dumb".  Can anyone suggest a better terminal emulator, or
> whatever that allows one to have scroll bars, use less, and whatever
> under DOS?  NB. I'm a unix user who has no real experience with DOS and
> PC's.
> 
Stephen Meatheringham,

   Have you tried using the 'bash' shell that comes with the Cygnus
GNU/Win32 distribution?  I would have guessed that this would be the
first thing you would have tried, given that you're a UNIX user.  This
works relatively well for me.  Some known problems will keep this from
working cleanly, but Cygnus has announced that these problems will be
fixed in the next beta release (Beta 17), which Cygnus hopes to have
ready sometime this month.

-- 
## Mark Harig
## Landmark Systems, Vienna, Virginia, USA
## Email: [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".