Subject: Re: Default linker output filename
From: Stan Shebs <[email-masked]>

02 Dec 1996 10:59:20 -0800
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <1.5.4.32.19961127214044.002e1d7c.cygnus.gnu-win32@mailhost>
X-Newsreader: Gnus v5.3/Emacs 19.34

[email-masked] (Trevor Yann) writes:
> 
> Whilst it is may be questionable using Windows 95 as a development platform,
> it should be fully supported as a target platform. The sheer number of
> Windows 95 vs Windows NT installations makes 95 support as a target platform
> a must. I don't want to produce software that only runs under NT.

Another marketing-type reason to do W95 also is that Microsoft now
seems to be waking up to the interest in having better Posix compat,
and is upgrading their Posix support, potentially shutting us out of
that market (in the time-honored Microsoft fashion 1/2 :-) ). However,
they're apparently not including Win95, so gnu-win32 will still be of
interest there.

							Stan Shebs
							Cygnus Support
							[email-masked]