Subject: Re: (gnu-win32) Re: NT demands (was: Default linker output filename)
From: [email-masked] (Carl J R Johansson)

27 Nov 1996 16:21:32 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
X-Sender: [email-masked]
Original-To: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

On Wed, 27 Nov 1996, Carl J R Johansson wrote:

Sorry if this is getting off-topic, but I can't stress enough
how much i actually prefer NT. The RAM requirements are a
necessary tradeoff for the stability, Linux doesn't have to be
compatible with lots of legacy stuff (still waiting for WINE)
so they could write it from scratch (and OS/2 Win16 compatibility 
is too slow for me).

I don't think one should keep people in the dark about it 
though, and the RAM in at least my local store is already
getting more expensive so it might be a good idea to get
a high-performance OS right away.

Anyone replying should maybe take this off the list and
Cc: to some advocacy newsgroups. I just don't want people
to believe that I think NT is bad in any way, it just
might not be affordable to everyone (like a Ferrari). And
the more users it gets the more compatibility it will have,
not an OS fault either.

cj
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".