Subject: Configuration script OK, now compilation problem...
From: [email-masked] ("Harold Roussel")

27 Nov 1996 09:22:33 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
Comments: Authenticated sender is <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Win32 (v2.42)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

First of all thanks to all those who replied concerning my missing 
/tmp directory.  I finally mounted my \temp as /tmp.  I only wish 
bash (or is it the configuration script itself) would have told me 
that there were no /tmp.  Or better yet, why not have an installation 
program which mounts the important directories (/usr, /usr/bin, /tmp, 
etc)?

OK, back to my compiling problem (for compiling Midnight Commander 
3.5.7 available at http://stekt.oulu.fi/~jtklehto/mc/).  At some 
point in the build process I get the following message, indicating a 
redefinition of the utimbuf structure.

gcc -c -I..  -I./../vfs -I./../slang -I.. -DBINDIR=\""//j/bin/"\"
-DLIBDIR=\""// j/lib/mc/"\" -DICONDIR=\""//j/lib/mc/icons/"\" 
-DREGEX_MALLOC -DHAVE_CONFIG_H - g -O file.c In file included from
.../vfs/vfs.h:11,
                 from file.c:99:
h:/H-i386-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-960712/../..
/../../i386-cygwin32/include/utime.h:7: redefinition of `struct
utimbuf' 
make: *** [file.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

Anybody knows where this might come from?  I know that
Sergey (Okhapkin) is already looking at the problem, but some 
external help might be useful anyway.

//
// Harold Roussel            email: [email-masked]
// Ph.D. student             phone: (514) 398-6506
// High Energy Physics
// McGill University, Montreal, Quebec
//
// Using NT 4.00.
//
// "Mais je vais etre frenetique et fulminant, il me faut une armee entiere a
// deconfire.  J'ai dix coeurs, j'ai vingt bras.  Il ne peut me suffire de
// pourfendre des nains, il me faut des geants."   Cyrano de Bergerac
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".