Subject: Sockets in gnu-win32
From: [email-masked] (Fabricio Chalub)

23 Nov 1996 15:58:51 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01Gold (Win95; I)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

The sockets support in gnu-win32 works just fine, but is standing on the
thin ice... for example, some functions are missing, some headers points
to void and some functions are mapped in a poor way...  in
<sys/socket.h>, we have this lovely---what should I call---workaround:

	#define socket cygwin32_socket

which of course maps the BSD API to a function that in turn probably
calls the Winsock32 API (too many function calls, but I guess that's
normal when one maps some system into another.)

Ok, I am creating a C++ class which encapsulates BSD socket's
functionality in a object-oriented manner (just for study/fun, I
guess... who can separate these things in computer science?). It's
called wormHole.  One of its members is wormHole::socket().  Now guess
what happened when I compiled my source file!  Let cc1plus take the
word:

wormHole.cpp: In method `wormHole::wormHole(char *, int)':
wormHole.cpp:18: too many arguments for method `int
wormHole::cygwin32_socket()'

some dirty little hack is needed here... :|

[]s fabricio chalub
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".