Subject: More than 64 files open?
From: [email-masked] (Mike McGann)

22 Nov 1996 15:54:02 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
X-Authentication-Warning: voyager.isr.umd.edu: mcgann owned process doing -bs
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hello Everyone!

We are currently porting a database system to Windows 95 and have been
using the cygnus development with much success. On problem that we have
come across is that there seems to be a limit to the number of files that
can be open at one time. Since this is a database, we need to have many
files open while the program is running. I wrote a quick little program to
see how many files I could have open at one time and it came out to be 64. 

I'm assuming that there must be a way to allow a process to open more, but
I haven't been able to find a solution. I'm not sure if this is an issue
with Windows, or even maybe with the cygnus code. If anyone has a
soultion, or ideas, it would be a great help to our project. Thanks.

- Mike McGann

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".