Subject: Re: RPC libraries
From: [email-masked] ("Cyrille Chepelov")

16 Nov 1996 14:30:51 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: Microsoft Internet Mail 4.70.1155
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

> I am currently porting some code that relies on RPC calls..
> could someone point me in the direction of RPC libraries and include
> files that would work under gnu-win32?
> 

Which RPC ? DCE (Microsoft/Digital/etc...) or ONC (Sun) ?

If you're looking for DCE, then someone's got to hack the MIDL compiler to
tell it to use GCC as a backend.

You can find a pure win32 (no Cygwin) port of ONC RPC at
http://set.gmd.de/~mfg/oncrpc.html. It shouldn't be too hard to port back
to Cygnus, perhaps using Mingwin32

Good Luck 

		-- Cyrille

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".