Subject: Templates
From: [email-masked] ("Dr. Gautam B. Singh")

16 Nov 1996 12:31:12 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.0Gold (Win95; I)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-CC: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi:

I have successfully compiled some code on the linux version (2.7.0) of
gcc. On the Windows 95 port, I am having difficulty with the templates.
Essentially, I am following the "non-repository" method for compilation
with the "-fno-implicit-templates" switch activated. I have instantiated
all the templated classes in a single file (I call this templ.cc). I get
an exception while trying to compile this (attached below)... Any
information for resolving this problem will be most appreciated.

Also, I can't seem to get the man pages activated...There doesn't seem
to be a corresponding "man" command in Windows-95?

Thanks in advance,

G. Singh
Sr. Software Engineer
Nat'l Cntr. Genome Res.

(E:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-960712/cc1plus
..exe 1003) In cygwin_except_handler
(E:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-960712/cc1plus
..exe 1003) In cygwin_except_handler
(E:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-960712/cc1plus
..exe 1003) In cygwin_except_handler
(E:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-960712/cc1plus
..exe 1003) In cygwin_except_handler
(E:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-960712/cc1plus
..exe 1003) In cygwin_except_handler
(E:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-960712/cc1plus
..exe 1003) In cygwin_except_handler
(E:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-960712/cc1plus
..exe 1003) In cygwin_except_ha^C
-960712/cc1plus.exe 1003) In cygwin_except_handler
(E:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-960712/cc1plus
..exe 1003) In cygwin_except_handlergcc: Internal compiler error: program
cc1plus
 got fatal signal 1
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".